Content collaboration software makes it easy for your users to securely create, access, share and manage business content.
The content collaboration platform (CCP) market covers a range of products and services that enable content productivity and collaboration. CCPs are aimed at individuals and teams, inside or outside an organization. Additionally, CCPs increasingly support lightweight content management and workflow use cases. Core user functionalities include:
- Mobile access to content repositories.
- File synchronization across devices and cloud repositories.
- File sharing with people and applications, inside or outside an organization.
- Team collaboration, with dedicated folders.
- A content repository. This can be cloud based collaboration software or on-premises program, native to the CCP platform or based on other file servers or repositories.
Common features of collaboration software include messaging, audio and video conferencing, task management, document management, calendars, and time tracking.
From employees and decision-makers to partners, vendors, regulators and customers, your users benefit from easy, secure access to valuable business content. Rather than keeping files locked up in silos, content collaboration software enables information to flow safely and freely within your organization and across your firewall to external contacts.
Securing those documents is the challenge. Unless your content collaboration software maintains the highest standards of performance, security, auditing and reliability, cross-enterprise document sharing may lead to inadvertent data leaks or malicious security breaches.
Suppliers Content Collaboration
Vendors Content Collaboration
F.A.Q. about Content Collaboration
Types of collaboration software tools
Generally, collaboration software can be divided into synchronous (or real-time) and asynchronous. Using synchronous software, teammates can work together at the same time, for example with apps that allow several users to edit the same document in real time. Asynchronous software enables users to work on the same task at different times.
Based on their key features, collaboration software can be classified into:
To solve communication problems, communication software offers chat and audio or video collaboration platform so people can communicate within teams without having to travel. As a result, communication software saves time, helps solve problems faster, and allows remote teams to connect, which otherwise would be difficult and time-consuming.
Key features include:
- Chat and messaging to enable real-time text conversations using direct messages or group chats
- Audio and video conferencing to let people make calls and hold meetings regardless of their location
- Discussion threads to allow users to reply to one particular message in a group chat or channel without distracting other teammate
- File sharing or file collaboration software to make it fast and easy to upload and send files
Task management software
Task management is an important part of collaboration. Teams use task management software to prioritize and track tasks, which helps to keep track of deadlines. To make collaboration more transparent and effective, task management software often provides boards, timelines, and calendars.
Key features include:
- Boards to create and manage tasks
- Task assignment to appoint people to a task
- Task prioritization to move tasks and set the project schedule
- Planning and scheduling to create plans and meet deadlines using timelines and calendars
- File management to attach and arrange file
Document and content management software
Document and content management software allows users to store, share, and work together on different files. Most of these tools track history of changes that different users make. Some collaboration apps and platforms also have features like chat and video conferencing, allowing users to collaborate on a document and communicate at the same time.
Key features include:
- Document and content management to store and track documents and other files
- Cooperative writing to let several people write content together
- Synchronous editing to let several people edit the same document at the same time and see changes in real time
- Ready-made templates to create documents faster