Data center automation is the process of managing and automating the workflow and processes of a data center facility.
It enables automating the bulk of the data center operations, management, monitoring and maintenance tasks that otherwise are performed manually by human operators.
Data center automation is primarily delivered through a composite data center automation software solution that provides centralized access to all or most data center resources.
Typically, data center automation enables automating the servers, network and other data center management tasks.
Some of the features of a data center automation solution include:
- Create and automate all data center scheduling and monitoring tasks.
- Provide data center-wide insight into server nodes and their configurations.
- Automates routine processes such as patching, updating and reporting
- Enables data center processes and controls to be in compliance with the standards and policies.
Suppliers Datacenter Automation
F.A.Q about Datacenter Automation
Why Data Center Automation Is Important?
The massive growth in data and the speed at which businesses operate today mean that manual monitoring, troubleshooting, and remediation is too slow to be effective and can put businesses at risk. Automation can make day-two operations almost autonomous. Ideally, the data center provider would have API access to the infrastructure, enabling it to inter-operate with public clouds so that customers could migrate data or workloads from cloud to cloud. Data center automation is predominantly delivered through software solutions that grant centralized access to all or most data center resources. Traditionally, this access enables the automation of storage, servers, network, and other data center management tasks.
Data center automation is immensely valuable because it frees up human computational time and:
- Delivers insight into server nodes and configurations
- Automates routine procedures like patching, updating, and reporting
- Produces and programs all data center scheduling and monitoring tasks
- Enforces data center processes and controls in agreement with standards and policies