Service - any activity or work that one party can offer the other, characterized by the absence of the proposed material tangibility of such activities and not expressed in possession of something.
A service from the point of view of marketing is a sale object in the form of an artist’s action, bringing benefits to the consumer or a useful result. In the process of providing services, a new, previously non-existent material product is not created, but the quality of an existing, created product changes. These are goods provided not in the form of commodities or exchange, but in the form of activities. The very provision of services creates the desired result for the consumer.
Services have four main characteristics that significantly affect the development of marketing programs:
- intangibility - it is impossible to demonstrate, see, try, transport, store, pack or study. All this is possible only in relation to the final result (it was - it became);
- inseparability - a service can be provided only when an order arrives or a client appears, i.e. services are provided and consumed simultaneously;
- variability (non-standardization) - customers are direct participants in the service process and affect its final result;
- impossibility of storage - unlike tangible goods, they cannot be made for future use.
The most popular products in category Services All category products
F.A.Q. about Services
What are the types of services?
The provision (provision) of services may include, for example, the following:
- activities carried out on material products supplied by the consumer (for example, repair of a faulty car);
- activities carried out on intangible products supplied by the consumer (for example, preparing a statement of income required to determine the amount of tax);
- the provision of intangible products (for example, information in the sense of knowledge transfer);
- creating favorable conditions for consumers (for example, in hotels and restaurants).
The services provided to the population, by appointment, are divided into material and socio-cultural:
- Material service - a service to satisfy the material and domestic needs of a consumer of services. It provides restoration (change, preservation) of consumer properties of products or the manufacture of new products by orders of citizens, as well as the movement of goods and people, the creation of conditions for consumption. In particular, material services may include household services related to the repair and manufacture of products, housing and communal services, catering services, transportation services, etc.
- Socio-cultural service (intangible service) - a service to satisfy spiritual, intellectual needs and the maintenance of normal consumer life. Provides maintenance and restoration of health, spiritual and physical development of the individual, increasing professional skills. Social and cultural services cannot include medical care and compulsory educational process.
Services can be: private or commercial, voluntary or forced, paid or free, instant or long-term, mutual and anonymous, public, etc.
The generalizing category, which includes all types of commercial and non-commercial services and is part of the economy, is the service sector.
Realtor services - services of a realtor, real estate agent, aimed at satisfying the needs of the client when performing operations to manage real estate, as well as creating additional benefits for the client when carrying out operations with real estate (additional income or an additional increase in the value of real estate both in the short and long term), the receipt of which would be impossible without the participation of a realtor (real estate agent) and the use of special professional tools and skills. At the same time, the effectiveness of the realtor (real estate agent) is estimated by the value of the benefit received by the client, and his remuneration is only part of it.
Legal services - the services of a lawyer and attorney in many cases are vital, therefore, the choice of performers for their provision should be with particular seriousness and responsibility. The main areas of lawyer and advocate services:
- Comprehensive legal services for organizations of various forms of ownership;
- Arbitration - representing the interests of organizations in arbitration courts;
- Representation of interests of companies in courts of various instances;
- Professional legal support of transactions and contracts of organizations;
- Services to legal entities related to bankruptcy of enterprises;
- Services of professional lawyers in returning and collecting debts;
- Representation of interests of organizations in the event of tax disputes;
- Processes related to registration of the inheritance;
- Services of a professional lawyer in the event of a traffic accident (Legal assistance in road accidents);
- Services of a lawyer and advocate in the event of housing disputes;
- Family lawyer services;
- Providing the services of a lawyer and criminal lawyer;
- Ensuring consumer protection.
Accounting services are necessary for both newly opened companies and existing structures that need to establish an accounting service or monitor the work of a full-time accountant. Accounting services are also relevant in the case of business expansion, as new employees appear in the company, salaries are revised, and associated costs arise. Professional accounting services are the foundation of successful business activities, ensuring the prosperity of the business due to the precise control of all financial resources of the company.
Psychological assistance services.
IT-services (IT-services, IT-services; including IT-consulting) - services related to assisting in the development of computer literacy of users, training them in new software products. The list of services also includes services for installation, updating and maintenance of software products and computer equipment.